This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

when send data to usart with printf in arm keil which port is active

hello
I write blow code with STcubemx and arm keil.
I want to send a string data from MCU TO GSM module for calls.
but nothing happend, when programing the chip.
my question is , when send serial data with printf command , which port that command is sent (I use STM32F103C8T6 that has 3 usart)

how can I reslove this problem?

char phoneNO[]="093XXXXXX";

int main(void)
{

HAL_Init();
  SystemClock_Config();
  MX_GPIO_Init();
  MX_USART2_UART_Init();

printf("AT");
    HAL_Delay(1000);
    printf("ATD");
    printf(phoneNO);
    HAL_Delay(8000);
    printf("ATH");

while (1)
  {
  }

Parents
  • I want to send a string data from MCU TO GSM module for calls over Usart2?

Use the HAL_UART_Transmit function (or equivalent - HAL_UART_Transmit_IT / HAL_UART_Transmit_DMA)

HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_UART_Transmit(UART_HandleTypeDef *huart, uint8_t *pData,
                                        uint16_t Size, uint32_t Timeout)

my question is , when send serial data with printf command , which port that command is sent

You need to decide and configure it to go somewhere. "Retargeting" is one way to do this. You could retarget fputc (which printf will call) to use Usart2 in which case what you wrote would work.

• I want to send a string data from MCU TO GSM module for calls over Usart2?

Use the HAL_UART_Transmit function (or equivalent - HAL_UART_Transmit_IT / HAL_UART_Transmit_DMA)

HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_UART_Transmit(UART_HandleTypeDef *huart, uint8_t *pData,
                                        uint16_t Size, uint32_t Timeout)

my question is , when send serial data with printf command , which port that command is sent

You need to decide and configure it to go somewhere. "Retargeting" is one way to do this. You could retarget fputc (which printf will call) to use Usart2 in which case what you wrote would work.

Children
No data