This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't get conditional compile to work in .s file

In Embedded_Files.s I have several INCBIN that then compile in several .bin files. I don't want to include those files unless there is a project-level #define made (either in a file that is global to all, or in the actual project itself).
I've tried what several Google searches suggested (#ifdef USE_WIFI and %ifdef USE_WIFI at the top of the file, and I get :

Embedded_Files.s(1): error: A1163E: Unknown opcode USE_WIFI , expecting opcode or Macro

What is going on here? What am I missing?

Parents
  • What you seem to have been missing is to ensure that the results you found with google were specifically applicable to the particular tool (the ARM Assembler) that you are using.

infocenter.arm.com/.../index.jsp

It is important to understand that assembler syntaxes are not standardised!

Even in 'C', it is important to understand that some things are implementation-defined - so they may be different on different implementations - and most compilers also have some proprietary language extensions ...

• What you seem to have been missing is to ensure that the results you found with google were specifically applicable to the particular tool (the ARM Assembler) that you are using.

infocenter.arm.com/.../index.jsp

It is important to understand that assembler syntaxes are not standardised!

Even in 'C', it is important to understand that some things are implementation-defined - so they may be different on different implementations - and most compilers also have some proprietary language extensions ...

Children