This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Code not executing without debugger

Hi,

I am using TLE9879QXA20 controller, with internal clock running. Whenever I download the code using JLink debugger, It flashes the code and run the software.After Power on, it doesn't runs the code unless the code is not flashed using debugger. I tested this with Kielu4/u5 version. Both gave the same result.

According to me, J link debugger points to the correct address to flash the code. I am also using the same flash start address. But somehow without debugger flashing, it doesnt gets into 'main' code and doesnt starts the execution. I think somewhere I am going wrong during the start up execution. Can someone help please me on this?

I have the same software running on another same controller but it uses external clock. In that hardware, I am able to run the code without debugger also. Does clock setting affects the running of software without debuuger?

I was also being asked to check the NAC and NAD data bytes. I have checked this, although I dont know what exactly is NAC and NAD. This is being generated from Kielu5 selecting device as TLE9789QxA20. Can someone also what exactly is NAD and NAC. What is its significant?

Thanks

Parents
  • Debuggers typical enable functionality and clocks they need, in doing this they may enable functionality you also use. If your code doesn't properly enable everything out of the reset state then it might not work when the debugger is absent. Check your initialization code thoroughly.

• Debuggers typical enable functionality and clocks they need, in doing this they may enable functionality you also use. If your code doesn't properly enable everything out of the reset state then it might not work when the debugger is absent. Check your initialization code thoroughly.

Children
No data