This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil V5 crash for STM32F429I-Discovery Projects

Hi,
I have here a STM32F429I-Discovery. This has lots of very many nice example applications in the folder C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Pack\Keil\STM32F4xx_DFP\2.7.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Examples. (Or also in my folder STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.11\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Examples - this seems to be the same - I upgraded the Keil-STM32F4 to the newest Version 2.7.0 with the pack loader...).

Just unfortunately these examples do not work. If I e. g. try "Load Project" on the very basic example EXAMPLE\BSP\MDK-ARM, or EXAMPLE\TIM\MDK-ARM, then my Keil uVision will crash without any further notice ... . I could open only 2 STM32F429I-Discovery Applications (but I did not try all ...): The two in ...STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\STemWin: STemWin_HelloWorld and STemWin_SampleDemo.

My Keil uVision is V5.14. I tried also many other STM-Discovery board examples today (e. g. STM32F401-Discovery, STM32L476-Discovery, STM32F469 Discovery), they all worked nicely ... only the STM32F429 seems to have this problem on most examples ... .

Can anybody help here?

PS: I have not been in this forum for quite a while (about 1 year I am frightened) ... what did you do with your nice forum help? Is it not possible anymore to search exclusively in the forum now? ...I am missing the "extended search" window?

PPS: I recognized, that if I try to change the device type in the project properties window, and then close the project, the next time I will see this changed type - so Keil V5 seems to save project settings changes without question ... this is a bit dangerous I think - usually before save of such important stuff there should appear a question "Do you want to save?"...