This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cortex m4 code compilation and debug in simulation mode

In the Project options the processor is ARM Cortex M4
The debug mode is simulation

I am running the following application code
#include<stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

FILE *fid;

int main(void)
{ int a; char buff[20];

fid = fopen("E:\\Testing\\keil_projects\\datar_proj\\readfile\\read.log","r"); if(fid == NULL) { a = a +1; } fread(buff,1,10,fid); fclose(fid); a = a + 1; printf("i am indian\n"); return 0;
}

There are no build errors.
When the code is run, the contents of the buff variable are and not as expected.

Parents
  • If you run your program on the PC, I can see why you expect to be able to open the files on the hard-disk of your PC.

But if you compile your program for use on an embedded processor, and you then simulate that processor - why are you so convinced that the embedded processor will be able to access one of the hard-disks of your PC?

If you power up a nice, cool, alarm clock - do you then expect that alarm clock to read files from your PC? If you turn on the ignition of your car - do you then expect your car to read files from your PC?

• If you run your program on the PC, I can see why you expect to be able to open the files on the hard-disk of your PC.

But if you compile your program for use on an embedded processor, and you then simulate that processor - why are you so convinced that the embedded processor will be able to access one of the hard-disks of your PC?

If you power up a nice, cool, alarm clock - do you then expect that alarm clock to read files from your PC? If you turn on the ignition of your car - do you then expect your car to read files from your PC?

Children
No data