This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

STM32F4 GPIO->BSRRH does not always work

The issue that I am having is with two lines of code that uses GPIO_->BSRRH to control the output pins of an STM32F407. This works very well for thousands to 100K+ consecutive cycles, then misses once at an apparent random interval. This controls some leds, and the occasional flash is very irritating. I have been fighting this on and off for some time and have not found anything similar.

LEDs are turned in during a timer ISR running 70 times per second. This starts a second timer and turns on LEDs as needed:

TIM2->CR1 = 1;                          // start the led timer
      if(mg[MG1_BUI_LedBlue])
        GPIOH->BSRRL = 0x0004;                // blue led turn on
      if(mg[MG1_BUI_LedGreen])
        GPIOG->BSRRL = 0x0040;                // green led turn on
      if(mg[MG1_BUI_LedYellow])
        GPIOG->BSRRL = 0x0080;                // yellow led turn on
      if(mg[MG1_BUI_LedRed])
        GPIOG->BSRRL = 0x0100;                // red led turn on

When the second timer times out, an ISR turns the LEDs off:

void TIM2_IRQHandler(void)
{
  GPIOH->BSRRH = 0x0004;                  // blue led turn off
  GPIOG->BSRRH = 0x01C0;                  // G,Y,R led turn off
  TIM2->CR1 = 0;                          // stop the timer
  if(TIM2->SR)
    TIM2->SR  = 0;                        // clear UIF flag
}

I have verified that there is ALWAYS a second ISR for every turn-on, that it performs the write, and that the contents of the GPIO_->ODR have been properly cleared to zero. But, on extremely rare occasions, the output pins are set again shortly afterwards. I have searched through code, and have not found any other places where these GPIO registers are used. Has anyone else experienced any issues with the BSRRH?