This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Has anyone experienced enough frustration to just give up on KEIL?

I'm wondering whether anyone else here has given up completely on KEIL and moved onto something else that is more coherent and cohesive, and whether that made up for any of the deficiencies that I seem to keep experiencing.

I have spent approximately $450,000 on my design that encompasses the STM32 line of products - including licensing the KEIL product for multiple developers. Everyone that I've spoken with is of the consensus that it's useless. And I am beginning to question my own sanity regarding the decision to invest so heavily in a design that relies upon an IDE that - well, frankly - seems so buggy.

Keep in mind that I'm entirely within the STM32 / KEIL ecosystem. Fully licensed and sanctioned - using real software and keeping both the CubeMX32 and the KEIL program fully updated. Regardless - it's SUCH a painful process - that I am wondering whether there's anyone who has used it to develop actual real products. Seriously. And I have a legacy of working for over 20 years in technology designing everything from embedded systems to very sophisticated transactional processes. But KEIL? Waste.

ANyway, if anyone can give me recommendations for what to move to - in lieu of KEIL - I would really appreciate it. I'm tired of seemingly doing everything right, and still getting countless error messages. Even small things like "xxx requires white noise" where - well, KEIL provides libraries that include TABS instead of SPACES in defines., etc.

What a terrible, lousy product.

Thanks.

(image of example errors which - despite being resolved elsewhere - continue to plague me).
customer.telswitch.com/.../keil.jpg

Parents Reply Children