This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LPC1788 with 8 bit SRAM

I am LPC1788 144 pin package controller, i want to use LCD controller of 1788 to interface with 800x480 pixels 24bit color depth TFT display so that i need to interface with external RAM for LCD frame buffer. In 144 pin package controller has only 8 bit data bus with only supporting SRAMs only not SDRAMs but in many designs everyone is using 16 bit or 32 bit SDRAMs.

My query is that can i use 8 bit SRAM as LCD Frame buffer for 800x480 pixels 24bit color depth TFT display ?? or i have to use SDRAM only??

Could anyone please suggest ASAP...

Parents
  • Start by doing a simple bandwidth computation. Based on the frame rate, resolution and colour depth, can you even sustain the screen in question? Is the memory and bus fast enough to do this, and provide you the ability to paint the screen.

• Start by doing a simple bandwidth computation. Based on the frame rate, resolution and colour depth, can you even sustain the screen in question? Is the memory and bus fast enough to do this, and provide you the ability to paint the screen.

Children
No data