This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Admin: Color-coding of new posts + time zone

After last change of daylight savings, I now - again - have issues with color-coding of new posts. Threads continue to correctly mark threads with new content. But I often do not get any individual posts in these threads color-coded as new.

Would it be very hard to make sure that the individual posts in a thread uses the same rule for the color-coding as is used for the thread in the thread list? The threads have consistently used correct color-coding. But the previous summer, the individual posts also regularly failed to be properly color-coded.

When a thread gets longer, it's very hard to spot new posts in case someone answers a post in the middle of the thread in which case the new post will not end up at the end of the thread - an obvious issue when using a threaded model with a flattened presentation.

And if you do introduce a change - maybe make sure that the time stamp shown for posts actually matches true time.

If I make a post now, the post will claim it was made 13:37 GMT. While my local time is CEST 14:37 (+0200). And even more interesting is that the time stamp for the thread will claim the post was made 20:37 UTC.

So the displayed time stamps can't be directly used to quickly scan for new posts unless the reader knows exactly how much wrong the presented times are.