This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No ULINK Device found with STM32F746NGH6

Hello.

I'm new to ARM programming. I'm using Keil uVision v5.17.0.0 on Windows 8.1, I have device named STM32 F7 Discovery with STM32F746NGH6 MCU (216 MHz/462 DMIPS). I'v opened demo project File_Demo, built it without errors. When I press "Download (F8)", I get this:

---------------------------
ULINK - Cortex-M Error
No ULINK Device found
OK

and then:

µVision
Error: Flash Download failed - Target DLL has been cancelled

OK

Just some facts:

1) UL_Configure. This did not help:

c:\Keil_v5\ARM\ULINK\Utilities>UL2_Configure B0
ULINK2 Configure Utility V1.0

Error: ULINK not found!

2) Project options for target -> Debug -> tryed all available debuggers - the same result, no one worked. Default setting was ULINK2/ME Cortex Debugger

3) www.keil.com/.../ulink2_trblsh_hwcheck.htm this hardware checklist not passed in my case, but not in the way described in above article - it is okay with leds, but I dont see my device in HID section of Windows Device Manager, it is listed in USB Controllers section as "USB Composite device". There is nothing about this issue in the article.

4) When I connect device to USB port of my PC, it is recognized as USB external flash or hard drive, named "DIS_F746NG", with some files and permission to read/write available and 1016k of 1032k free.

5) UninstallULINK.exe, then InstallULINK.exe in c:\Keil_v5\ARM\ULINK\ did not help.

And I almost forgot about one thing. The very first time I'v tried to load a project to device, the error was different - something about ST-LINK (I dont remember exactly). After some googling and performing random actions (I'm a beginner, so I dont exactly understand what I am doing, sorry) the error changed to described above. I have updated ST-LINK on device to latest version, I exactly remember that it was some reaction (blinking leds) from the device's side. But now I am unable to do it, when I press "Device Connect" in ST-Link Upgrade program, it says:

ST-LinkUpgrade
Communication error with ST-Link.

Try to start it.
OK

Please help, I am totally confused with all that.