This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Debugging fails with "No ULINK device found" after programming and verifying

Up until recently debugging worked fine. Now when I try to start debugging the debugger programmes the target, then verifies it, all of which seems to work, yet then suddenly the process fails with a "No ULINK device found" error message. I tried to decrease the max clock frequency value as well, which seems to have no effect at all.

Side effects:
- In the Cortex-M target driver setup under "JTAG device chain" it says "No ULINK device found" as well, and there is no Adapter Serial No. either
- When I try to start the debugger again, it seems to lag a bit. also between the "No ULINK device found" error message and the "Target DLL has been cancelled" error message there is a significantly longer delay.
- When I try to reconfigure ULINK with "UL2_Configure.exe B0" sometimes it doesn't find the ULINK either, and when it does it returns this output:

ULINK2 Configure Utility V1.0

Disconnecting ULINK ..........
Connecting ULINK Loader ..............................

Updating configuration ...
Error: Communication failure!

Please note that the "Updating configuration step" always fails exactly after the third dot.

I am using Windows 8.1 inside VMWare Player 7.12 on a Ubuntu host system. and Keil uVision 4.74.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.