This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to exclude some sections of code while creating a binary file for multiple load regions in keil

i have written a program for STR912FAW44 which boots from bank1. In this, i am using the standard STR91x.CFG file given in example programs of the keil for chip select mapping to boot it from bank1. This program is working perfectly fine if i am downloading the hex file in flash memory.
But my requirement is to generate the binary file for this program. When I try to generate binary file using fromelf command, three different binary files corresponding to three different sections/regions is generated. Out of these, one is corresponding to my application at address 0x0, other two correspond to the address 0x510000 and 0x520000 which is specified in STR91x.CFG file.
I have used the option --binCombined of fromelf command to generate a single binary file. but the size of the file is very large,because as per the command details it will pad the unused area between different sections with 0xFF. Can anybody help me tell how some sections can be excluded while creating a single binary file for multiple load regions/sections.

Parents Reply Children