This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Usb Hosting Error on STM32F429

Hello Everyone,
I'm following these steps ( www2.keil.com/.../ ) in order to understand USB Hosting and create my own application. Unfortunately i encountered a problem. I arrived at Step 3 and i added the Host support correctly but i can't access the usb stick. When i debug the USBH_MSC_DriveMount function , i found that wether the actual usb stick is connected or not , the finit function returns fsDriverError. I checked on Documentation and found out that it means it failed to initialize the drive but i couldn't find a way how to fix it or what it actually means.
I'll be glad if you could help me solve my problem and thank you .

I'm using STM32F429

Parents
  • Are you using the Discovery Kit or some other hardware?

The Discovery Kit has current limits for the USB Memory Sticks and older Memory Sticks frequently exceed the limits.

You may also check the status return code from the *fmount* function. The return value gives you a hint of what actually fails. Here is more information:
    www.keil.com/.../group__system__routines.html

And you should ensure that the USB Memory Stick is formatted using the FAT file system. Also it should have not partitions (some sticks come pre-formatted with a partition).

• Are you using the Discovery Kit or some other hardware?

The Discovery Kit has current limits for the USB Memory Sticks and older Memory Sticks frequently exceed the limits.

You may also check the status return code from the *fmount* function. The return value gives you a hint of what actually fails. Here is more information:
    www.keil.com/.../group__system__routines.html

And you should ensure that the USB Memory Stick is formatted using the FAT file system. Also it should have not partitions (some sticks come pre-formatted with a partition).

Children
No data