This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Combining two assembly programs in a single 8051 chip

I have to combine 2 assembly programs for my project. But, the problem is that both the programs are different and both are written in assembly. Both the programs start with org0000h and ends with 'end'. So, please give me suggestion to combine 2 assembly programs into a single program.

Parents
  • So - start by learning what "org" actually means.
    And what 'end' actually means.

Then you obviously also have to learn exactly what the two programs do - you have only one set of interrupt vectors, so you obviously have to adjust the code to share these vectors.

And you also have only one main loop, so you have to figure out how to "time slice" between the two programs, unless one or both of the programs just perform a single task and then ends with an empty loop.

• So - start by learning what "org" actually means.
    And what 'end' actually means.

Then you obviously also have to learn exactly what the two programs do - you have only one set of interrupt vectors, so you obviously have to adjust the code to share these vectors.

And you also have only one main loop, so you have to figure out how to "time slice" between the two programs, unless one or both of the programs just perform a single task and then ends with an empty loop.

Children