This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Embedded image processing in ARM

Hello evryone...i know some image proc in matlab am planning to take a gaint leap to embedded image processing have to do a project...i knw nothing about ARM....am planning to implement hand gesture recognition in an ARM totally embedded...and i program that in matlab and convert to C...then burn ut in arm....
i want to knw....If i am sane about what iam talking about...Does ARM have the processing power??? and what is the good palce to start learnng embeded image processing???please reply have to decide the project soon.... Please some suggestions...

Parents
  • A big question to ask - have you realized the huge span of capabilities there are in different ARM chips? You think people can consider the image processing abilities of an "ARM" chip, when you do not give some indication what size of ARM chip you are considering? There are ARM chips suitable to wiggle some I/O pins. There are ARM chips with full PC-class capabilities. There are ARM chips with DPS support. There are ARM chips with single or multiple cores. There are ARM chips with integrated graphics processors.

By the way - your keyboard seems broken. For some reason, it seems to repeat the .... and ??? sequences, while it regularly drops other keys. Keyboards are cheap - consider getting a better one. It will be evilishly hard to get a C compiler to correctly process your source code if your keyboard introduces lots of spurious errors.

• A big question to ask - have you realized the huge span of capabilities there are in different ARM chips? You think people can consider the image processing abilities of an "ARM" chip, when you do not give some indication what size of ARM chip you are considering? There are ARM chips suitable to wiggle some I/O pins. There are ARM chips with full PC-class capabilities. There are ARM chips with DPS support. There are ARM chips with single or multiple cores. There are ARM chips with integrated graphics processors.

By the way - your keyboard seems broken. For some reason, it seems to repeat the .... and ??? sequences, while it regularly drops other keys. Keyboards are cheap - consider getting a better one. It will be evilishly hard to get a C compiler to correctly process your source code if your keyboard introduces lots of spurious errors.

Children