This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Embedded Script Engine Experiences?

Just started a little research on evaluating embedded script engines, since they seem to offer a great deal of flexibility and application 'enhancement' capabilities without the need to modify source code (from what I have read). Can I get some feedback from any of you on your experiences with any of those available?

Since the target would be a Cortex M3 processor (with all the memory footprint constraints) engines such as eLua are marginal, FICL looks promising, Python, EmbeddedcH (WAY too large), Tcl?, or 'roll-your-own'?

Thanks!

Parents
  • I have experience using Pawn. It does exactly what it says on the tin: small, very fast, easy to interface to underlying platform. And the documentation is quite extensive. Many thanks to Thiadmer Riemersma (I believe he is the author.)

• I have experience using Pawn. It does exactly what it says on the tin: small, very fast, easy to interface to underlying platform. And the documentation is quite extensive. Many thanks to Thiadmer Riemersma (I believe he is the author.)

Children
No data