This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot get KBD interrupt to work - 89LPC922

Hi, can someone help point me in the right direction. I have a simple program that takes push button inputs and then sends them by IR led link to a receiver. It uses the printf function to drive the LED and the KBI on P0 for the p/button inputs.

The program compiles ok and the printf works if I do a printf("rtrt") just before entering the main loop where the program is supposed to sit until a KBI is detected. Problem is I cannot trigger the interrupt. Additionally, I get an L16 'unused code, ignored for . . . etc' message for the interrupt service routine. So, I think that the compiler or linker is not seeing the isr. I don't think its a hardware issue. I've checked wiring and voltage level changes on the P0 pins.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks

Jason

Parents
  • "I get an L16 'unused code, ignored for . . . etc' message for the interrupt service routine."

You should never get that message for an ISR.
    If you've correctly created it as an ISR, the compiler would know implicitly that it gets called by the interrupt - so you must be doing some thing wrong.

Please carefully read & follow the instructions for posting source code;
    use spaces for layout, not TABs;
    use copy & paste - don't manually re-type;
    be sure to check it in the 'Preview' before posting!

• "I get an L16 'unused code, ignored for . . . etc' message for the interrupt service routine."

You should never get that message for an ISR.
    If you've correctly created it as an ISR, the compiler would know implicitly that it gets called by the interrupt - so you must be doing some thing wrong.

Please carefully read & follow the instructions for posting source code;
    use spaces for layout, not TABs;
    use copy & paste - don't manually re-type;
    be sure to check it in the 'Preview' before posting!

Children