This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A memory question on Atmel AT89C51CC03

From the data sheet, it says the Atmel AT89C51CC03 has 256 bytes RAM and 2048 byte ERAM. When I use Keil compile my code, at the end, Keil says data = 105, xdata = 2285...

There is no other warning, but should xdata be less than 2048? I am just wondering if this is the root cause of my problem.

Thanks,

Parents
  • AT89C51CC03 parameter:
    8051 based CMOS controller with PCA, Dual DPTR, WDT, 10 Bit ADC, Full CAN, 40 MHz High-Speed Architecture, X2 function, 32+2 I/O lines, 3 Timers/Counters, 14 Interrupts/4 priority levels, 64K FLASH, 2K EEPROM, 256 Bytes on-chip RAM, additional 1K XRAM

There is only 1K XRAM. 2K EEPROM, which can’t be written with the xdata. I only used the AT89S52, AT89C2051. I encounter a problem about the flash volume just like you several months ago. I wrote a large program and compiled it. But the code of .HEX file was more the 2K flash. So the download software warned that my IC was failed to download the file. At last I changed the IC and replaced the IC by the AT89S52.
    Maybe you can decrease the variable vectors in the area of XRAM. By the way, what’s the retail price of the IC of AT89C51CC03? Is it more expensive than the IC of AVR ATmega64 or not? I haven’t used it.

• AT89C51CC03 parameter:
    8051 based CMOS controller with PCA, Dual DPTR, WDT, 10 Bit ADC, Full CAN, 40 MHz High-Speed Architecture, X2 function, 32+2 I/O lines, 3 Timers/Counters, 14 Interrupts/4 priority levels, 64K FLASH, 2K EEPROM, 256 Bytes on-chip RAM, additional 1K XRAM

There is only 1K XRAM. 2K EEPROM, which can’t be written with the xdata. I only used the AT89S52, AT89C2051. I encounter a problem about the flash volume just like you several months ago. I wrote a large program and compiled it. But the code of .HEX file was more the 2K flash. So the download software warned that my IC was failed to download the file. At last I changed the IC and replaced the IC by the AT89S52.
    Maybe you can decrease the variable vectors in the area of XRAM. By the way, what’s the retail price of the IC of AT89C51CC03? Is it more expensive than the IC of AVR ATmega64 or not? I haven’t used it.

Children
No data