This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help for USB Secondary ISP Bootloader for lpc214x

Hi,

I download the USB Secondary ISP Bootloader example for LPC2148 to use for Keil MCB2140 board at www.standardics.nxp.com/.../an10711.zip

The bootloader works as an USB Mass Storage to upload the user application into flash by copy and replace the firmware.bin.
It works fine on window PC when I copy my binary file to replace firmware.bin. After I reset the board, it will jump to the user application location and run the user application.

But it does not work on Linux, I use opensuse 10.3, when I copy binary file to replace firmware.bin. Sometime, it did not allow to delete the firmware.bin and it never run after I reset.

Can anyone show me how to fix it?

Parents
  • Hi!

I just read the same APN and got two questions. Perhaps you can reply ??

1) How did you get a *.bin file to prgramm the LPC2xxx??

2) Do you know how to switch the USB-Modifications if you need the USB-Module for you're own Communication??

Because, if the PC recognized the LPC2xxx (with the KEIL specified VID & PID) as a Mass-Storage-Device once, how will the PC know that the same USB-Connection is (when the *.bin file is programmed) a normal HID now ???
    ( I use the VID & PID-Numbers for VISA. VISA is a LabVIEW specified Driver. So I believe this is Impossible to do, but I'm not sure )

• Hi!

I just read the same APN and got two questions. Perhaps you can reply ??

1) How did you get a *.bin file to prgramm the LPC2xxx??

2) Do you know how to switch the USB-Modifications if you need the USB-Module for you're own Communication??

Because, if the PC recognized the LPC2xxx (with the KEIL specified VID & PID) as a Mass-Storage-Device once, how will the PC know that the same USB-Connection is (when the *.bin file is programmed) a normal HID now ???
    ( I use the VID & PID-Numbers for VISA. VISA is a LabVIEW specified Driver. So I believe this is Impossible to do, but I'm not sure )

Children