This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Need old version of Microvision for Kitcon 167 evaluation board

I am looking for an old copy of the evaluation version of the Keil compiler and Microvision development tools.

I want it to use with a Phytec KC-167-CS evaluation board.

What I am looking for is the development tools that were in use in about 1999 or thereabouts. I used to use them in a previous employment. I recall the development tools could be downloaded from the Keil website, and also came on a CD rom with the evaluation board, though I don't recall the version number.

The reason I want this old version is I know it runs on an old computer running Windows 98 (that's what I used to use then). The current version available for download requires win200 or higher, and a much higher spec PC.

This is for a hobby project, not for commercial use.

Parents
  • In most countries, you can more or less be given a computer capable of running Win2k. Also, there are a number of valid Win2k licenses available.

The problem with older versions of the Keil demo software is that they will most probably refuse to run - requiring you to update. So to fool them to run, you may have to fight with the date information on the computer. And to my knowledge, Keil doesn't just look at the current date for the computer so it can take more than a little work to get to work.

Look for a newer computer. If you get into troubles with an old demo version (in case you get it to run), people will not be able to help you if you ask questions.

• In most countries, you can more or less be given a computer capable of running Win2k. Also, there are a number of valid Win2k licenses available.

The problem with older versions of the Keil demo software is that they will most probably refuse to run - requiring you to update. So to fool them to run, you may have to fight with the date information on the computer. And to my knowledge, Keil doesn't just look at the current date for the computer so it can take more than a little work to get to work.

Look for a newer computer. If you get into troubles with an old demo version (in case you get it to run), people will not be able to help you if you ask questions.

Children