This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

*** error 59: invalid absolute module

I can no longer run the simulator, debugger, or download code to my target. When I try to download code to my target I get the below error message, which I can't seem to find any reference to online or in any of the PDF files in my KEIL tools directory, etc.

*** error 59: invalid absolute module

Can anyone point me to where this error is defined, or tell me what it means and how to recover from it?

Thanks,
Dave.

Parents
  • After restoring all my source files to their prior working state, the problem persisted.

So... I tried un-installing and re-installing the KEIL tools, but that didn't help either.

So... I tried deleting all KEIL files from my project directory and re-creating the project and rebuilding it from scratch. At last... I could once again load code into my target.

However, as soon as I added the last piece of code to my project that I had added just before I got error 59, I now got error 59 again after I did a build all and when I tried to load it into my target.

I have the compiler's warning level set to all warnings, but when I do a build all I get zero errors or warnings.

What's worse is that now when I try to download the code to my target I either get an error about not being able to write to my project's AXF file (unless I close uVision first and then delete that file), or the uVision IDE crashes.

Sigh... it's not even a Monday morning...!

HELP...

Dave.

• After restoring all my source files to their prior working state, the problem persisted.

So... I tried un-installing and re-installing the KEIL tools, but that didn't help either.

So... I tried deleting all KEIL files from my project directory and re-creating the project and rebuilding it from scratch. At last... I could once again load code into my target.

However, as soon as I added the last piece of code to my project that I had added just before I got error 59, I now got error 59 again after I did a build all and when I tried to load it into my target.

I have the compiler's warning level set to all warnings, but when I do a build all I get zero errors or warnings.

What's worse is that now when I try to download the code to my target I either get an error about not being able to write to my project's AXF file (unless I close uVision first and then delete that file), or the uVision IDE crashes.

Sigh... it's not even a Monday morning...!

HELP...

Dave.

Children