This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PC-Lint, uV3, infineon C515C

I believe I've got PC-Lint installed OK as per the Keil instructions, but on Linting my source it seems all the system sfr & sbits are being flagged up, eg :

"Error 40: Undeclared identifier 'ADCON'"

along with TMOD, TH0, TL0, EAL, ET0, P1, P3, P4...

These are resolved for the compiler by a

#include <reg515c.h>

Keil include file with SBIT and SFR definitions in. Lint doesn't seem to be seeing them though.

Does anyone have any pointers for me for how to fix this?

Parents
  • Greg;
    I agree with Drew's statement but I suggest that you
    use the 'SetUp' dialog under the Tools menu. I believe your post implies that you did just that. Did you select the correct lint Configuration File in Keil/C51/Bin? Something like CO-KC51.LNT.
    This is a text file that you can open and modify per
    PC-Lint specs. In the file, you should see the SFR entries that have been defined as 'Ignore' For example
    -esym(14,ADCON...) which I see in the file.
    But your symptom, as Drew points out, is a missing include file or an incorrect include file that does not define ADCON.
    Also, remember the order of the include files entered
    in the PC-Lint Include Folders dialog. PC-Lint scans
    from the first Include File entry to the last. So always place your project header path as the first entry and then add second and third entries for the Keil paths to their include folders.
    Bradford

• Greg;
    I agree with Drew's statement but I suggest that you
    use the 'SetUp' dialog under the Tools menu. I believe your post implies that you did just that. Did you select the correct lint Configuration File in Keil/C51/Bin? Something like CO-KC51.LNT.
    This is a text file that you can open and modify per
    PC-Lint specs. In the file, you should see the SFR entries that have been defined as 'Ignore' For example
    -esym(14,ADCON...) which I see in the file.
    But your symptom, as Drew points out, is a missing include file or an incorrect include file that does not define ADCON.
    Also, remember the order of the include files entered
    in the PC-Lint Include Folders dialog. PC-Lint scans
    from the first Include File entry to the last. So always place your project header path as the first entry and then add second and third entries for the Keil paths to their include folders.
    Bradford

Children