This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Host based simulation

Hello Everybody,

I want to use keil simulator (or any other keil capability) for following purpose.

In my actual target program, I have created functions for image sensor that captures
Image and transmit it to PC using serial communication (COM1). Then I am using
PC based tools to analyze that image on PC.

Now, I want to do further image processing work on PC [Host based development], so.

1) Can keil compiler allows me to read any file,
that is located at hard disk, using some sort of
FILE pointer [as conventional C]

2) Can Keil tools, allows me to print immediate variable values using printf("") like commands.

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh

Parents
  • 1) Can keil compiler allows me to read any file,

Which hard disk are you refering to? Do you have an HD connected to your target? Or do you want to access the PC's HD from your target? The first will require some kind of driver code, the second will not be possible really, unless you write some kind of protocol to "talk" to a PC side piece of software.

2) Can Keil tools, allows me to print immediate variable values using printf("") like commands.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

Regards,
    Joost Leeuwesteijn

• 1) Can keil compiler allows me to read any file,

Which hard disk are you refering to? Do you have an HD connected to your target? Or do you want to access the PC's HD from your target? The first will require some kind of driver code, the second will not be possible really, unless you write some kind of protocol to "talk" to a PC side piece of software.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

Regards,
    Joost Leeuwesteijn

Children