This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uVision3 and help system (uV3 help)

hi folks

I searched the forum but didn't found a solution.

When I press the help button in uVision3 for example in the dialog box 'option for Target XZY' the Microsoft precompiled help system starts.

Normaly the help system is another task in Windows and task switching can be done with ALT-TAB.
This works not for uVision/help system.
Here uVision and the help system appears as one application and it is inpossible to change between uV3 and the help.
It's very unuseful that ALT-TAB won't work.

It happens with Win98 and WinXP.

Is there an option to change this behavior?

greetings - Günter

• Well it's better than UV2 - there were no 'Help' buttons in the 'Options for Target' dialogue, and pressing F1 did nothing at all! :-(
    It was even hit-and-miss whether the '?' button would give any useful information... :-(

But, where HTML-help was provided (eg, click a Library function name & press F1), the behaviour was as you describe.

"It's very unuseful that ALT-TAB won't work."

I agree; in fact, I could say, "It's very unuseful that ALT-TAB still won't work!" :-(

It's also annoying that the 'ESC' key still doesn't work to cancel the 'Options for Target' dialogue... :-(