This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software I2C in slave mode

I want to simulate an I2C slave device using a generic 8051 MPU which doesn't have hardware I2C(not like 80C552). I know it is easy to implement software simulated I2C in master mode, but I want to turn my 8051 MPU to be a slave device. How can?

Parents
  • I have done that. My 89C2051 was running at 24MHz. I used EXT1 interrupt to trigger on hi to low transition of SDA line. This was an I2C start event trigger. Then actual I2C traffic was checked in polling mode inside EXT0 interrupt routine which exits when the stop condition is met.

I was 'listening' to the SatReceiver I2C bus to extract channel number for addon Sat Dish positioning system.

• I have done that. My 89C2051 was running at 24MHz. I used EXT1 interrupt to trigger on hi to low transition of SDA line. This was an I2C start event trigger. Then actual I2C traffic was checked in polling mode inside EXT0 interrupt routine which exits when the stop condition is met.

I was 'listening' to the SatReceiver I2C bus to extract channel number for addon Sat Dish positioning system.

Children