Arm Performance Libraries compatibility with MSVC

Hello!

I was trying to build PyTorch with APL using MSVC on a Windows machine and I encountered this error: 

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __divdc3

It seems like __divdc3 is a symbol specific to LLVM and it doesn't exist on MSCV.

Can you tell me if there is a way to make APL compatible with MSVC?

Parents
  • Hello everyone,

I've been exploring the compatibility of Arm Performance Libraries with MSVC, especially in the context of High-Performance Computing (HPC). It's crucial for our projects to leverage the optimized performance these libraries can offer, and ensuring seamless integration with Microsoft Visual C++ is key.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about any experiences or insights you may have regarding Arm Performance Libraries and MSVC in HPC scenarios. Have you encountered any specific challenges, found workarounds, or discovered performance improvements? Sharing your thoughts or best practices would be immensely valuable.

Let's pool our knowledge and expertise to navigate the intersection of Arm Performance Libraries and MSVC in the realm of HPC. Looking forward to your input!

• Hello everyone,

I've been exploring the compatibility of Arm Performance Libraries with MSVC, especially in the context of High-Performance Computing (HPC). It's crucial for our projects to leverage the optimized performance these libraries can offer, and ensuring seamless integration with Microsoft Visual C++ is key.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about any experiences or insights you may have regarding Arm Performance Libraries and MSVC in HPC scenarios. Have you encountered any specific challenges, found workarounds, or discovered performance improvements? Sharing your thoughts or best practices would be immensely valuable.

Let's pool our knowledge and expertise to navigate the intersection of Arm Performance Libraries and MSVC in the realm of HPC. Looking forward to your input!

Children