This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map not detecting program termination

I've had good success running Map for performance analysis. But one particular app I just tried doesn't work. I run the app successfully for a few minutes and then click the Stop button. The application terminates but Map never leaves the Stopping state. If I do End Session it sits in "Waiting for app to finish" until I click Terminate. I tried both with version 20.0.3 and 21.0.2.

How can I debug this?

Parents
  • Hi Ben,

Apologies for the huge delay.

If the issue is still persisting, is it possible for you to share the application code/reproducer for me to run it on our end. 
    Also, the details about your operating system, architecture and compiler version will be helpful to simulate it correctly.

There is also the option to generate logfile using:

$ map --debug --log=<logfilename>

Please raise a support ticket adding above details and I will take it on priority.

Thanks
    Suyash

• Hi Ben,

Apologies for the huge delay.

If the issue is still persisting, is it possible for you to share the application code/reproducer for me to run it on our end. 
    Also, the details about your operating system, architecture and compiler version will be helpful to simulate it correctly.

There is also the option to generate logfile using:

$ map --debug --log=<logfilename>

Please raise a support ticket adding above details and I will take it on priority.

Thanks
    Suyash

Children