This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OpenCL and Sourcery codebench

Hi. 

I'm trying to learn more about programming to the GPU. I'm using a OrangePi, which has a Mali GPU. Though when I tried using the Mali OpenCL SDK it fails to compile (on the board with Armbian), since I don't have the Sourcery CodeBench installed. Though when I look at that, it seems that there is not a free version of this, to the Arm Cortex.

Is it not possible to use the Mali SDK, without buying a license for Sourcery CodeBench?

Best regards
Ben

Parents
  • The OrangePi has a Mali-400 GPU which is one of our original "Utgard" architecture GPUs. The Utgard family of GPUs only supports OpenGL ES 2.0; the hardware is not capable of running OpenCL (or OpenGL ES 3.x, or Vulkan).

In terms of compiling for Linux applications for ARM then any GCC compiler would work. Linaro ship pre-built GCC builds which are available here:

releases.linaro.org/.../

Regards,
    Pete

• The OrangePi has a Mali-400 GPU which is one of our original "Utgard" architecture GPUs. The Utgard family of GPUs only supports OpenGL ES 2.0; the hardware is not capable of running OpenCL (or OpenGL ES 3.x, or Vulkan).

In terms of compiling for Linux applications for ARM then any GCC compiler would work. Linaro ship pre-built GCC builds which are available here:

releases.linaro.org/.../

Regards,
    Pete

Children