This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

rendering two frames a time?

Hello,

I have an odroid xu3 board equipped with mali T628(MP6). I run an example called "simpletriangle" and profile the data through DS5. Mali gpu breaks up the scene into tiles and renders a tile(16*16) once a time. When running the example "simpletriangle", I notice that the pmu counter "tiles rendered" is strange. The screen resolution is 1280*720, and the number of tiles rendered should be 3600(1280 * 720 / 256), but DS5 shows the number is 7200(within one frame). So, the gpu renders two frames a time?

Parents
  • So, the gpu renders two frames a time?

No, we don't do that. How are you measuring the PMU counters?

What OS are you running on the board? If this is Android it could be something like a composition activity running (so application renders to 720p off-screen buffer, and then the compositor copies that to the actual 720p window surface). Most real phones have a hardware compositor built into the display controller, so this is unusual, but not unheard of on development boards.

The Exynos chip on the XU3 can support hardware composition, but not sure what your BSP is actually using ...

Cheers,
    Pete

• So, the gpu renders two frames a time?

No, we don't do that. How are you measuring the PMU counters?

What OS are you running on the board? If this is Android it could be something like a composition activity running (so application renders to 720p off-screen buffer, and then the compositor copies that to the actual 720p window surface). Most real phones have a hardware compositor built into the display controller, so this is unusual, but not unheard of on development boards.

The Exynos chip on the XU3 can support hardware composition, but not sure what your BSP is actually using ...

Cheers,
    Pete

Children