This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with half float vertex attribute/varying with OpenGL ES on Mali-T628

When I pass half float vertex attribute directly (unmodified) to a varying, I get incorrect values in the fragment shader.

This works:

vTexCoord = vec2(1.00001 * TextureCoordinate0.x, 1.0001 * TextureCoordinate0.y);

This does not work:

vTexCoord = vec2(TextureCoordinate0.x, TextureCoordinate0.y);

To me this seems like half float needs to be converted by the vertex shader before interpolation, but shader compiler does not do this when attribute is passed unmodified to the varying in the vertex shader. Also, the very first draw call looks like it comes out correct, but all subsequent frames come out incorrectly.

This happens on SM-T900 with GL renderer reported as Mali-T628.

Where should I report this kind of suspected driver bugs? Is there database of known bugs?

I can work around this { if (gl_renderer.substr(0, 9) == "Mali-T628") halfFloatVertexAttribute = false; } but this it is unfortunate that GL renderer string has no driver version information.

Parents
  • Hi tksuoran,

If it is small enough, and assuming it contains your own code only, you can attach it to this post.

If you launch the Advanced Editor, you have the ability to Attach files to your post (bottom right corner).

If you prefer it to be kept private, you can create a new discussion and attach it there, but only invite myself to that discussion (Specific Members), which will make it private.

If there is an attached license with it, we will have to first review this.

If it is larger than the allowed attachment limit, then feel free to chose a hosting service you prefer, for example Dropbox, and send the link across.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi tksuoran,

If it is small enough, and assuming it contains your own code only, you can attach it to this post.

If you launch the Advanced Editor, you have the ability to Attach files to your post (bottom right corner).

If you prefer it to be kept private, you can create a new discussion and attach it there, but only invite myself to that discussion (Specific Members), which will make it private.

If there is an attached license with it, we will have to first review this.

If it is larger than the allowed attachment limit, then feel free to chose a hosting service you prefer, for example Dropbox, and send the link across.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children
No data