This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Vulkan/Android] Mali GPU drivers do not expose other color spaces on Android devices with HDR10/HDR10+ display

Hello community, I've been having problems about how to "enable HDR10/HDR10+" in a Vulkan Android application. Due to the lack of content about this and strange behavior in Vulkan mobile drivers the confusion only increases.

I am aware that HDR and WCG are different things but they are related. HDR is about contrast depth and WCG is about color depth and is related to color space.

My doubts are:
1. Why the drivers provided by Arm for devices(with HDR10/HDR10+ display) do not expose surface formats with color space other than VK_KHR_SRGB_NONLINEAR_KHR (Samsung Galaxy S20/Exynos with VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace extension properly enabled)?
2. Why do drivers provided by Arm for devices(with HDR10/HDR10+ display) expose surface formats with color space other than VK_KHR_SRGB_NONLINEAR_KHR (Samsung Galaxy Note 9/Exynos with VK_EXT_swapchain_colorspace extension properly enabled)?
3. Is there an alternative way on Android besides the one officially exposed by Vulkan to display HDR/WCG content on the display that supports it?

Thanks in advance for any additions, corrections, or responses.

Others: Enhance graphics with wide color content