AMBA AXI CACHE

i am not able to understand working of this CACHE signal pleas explain with simple example.

thank you!

Parents
  • I'm not really sure what you want to know.

The AxCACHE signals in the specification taken together indicate "memory types"(see section A4.4), and each memory type then has particular requirements on the system on how they are performed. So your master would use a memory type encoding that will require the system to implement that transfer as the master requires. And a slave would use the memory type indicated to work out how it can respond to this and other transfers.

Alternatively you can use the AxCACHE bits in isolation to determine if a transfer can be cached or buffered.

As far as the "working of the CACHE signal" is concerned, it is a write or read address channel signal, so the information on it is transferred using the AxVALID and AxREADY handshake signals.

If the above does not answer your questions, can you explain in more detail what it is you do not understand, and hopefully someone might then be able to come up with a simple example to help your understanding ?

• I'm not really sure what you want to know.

The AxCACHE signals in the specification taken together indicate "memory types"(see section A4.4), and each memory type then has particular requirements on the system on how they are performed. So your master would use a memory type encoding that will require the system to implement that transfer as the master requires. And a slave would use the memory type indicated to work out how it can respond to this and other transfers.

Alternatively you can use the AxCACHE bits in isolation to determine if a transfer can be cached or buffered.

As far as the "working of the CACHE signal" is concerned, it is a write or read address channel signal, so the information on it is transferred using the AxVALID and AxREADY handshake signals.

If the above does not answer your questions, can you explain in more detail what it is you do not understand, and hopefully someone might then be able to come up with a simple example to help your understanding ?

Children