This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Juno - Linux Kernel - vmlinux file

Hi everybody,

where can I get a vmlinux version of the Linux Kernel provided with the Linaro Releases for the Juno Board?

In the official releases I can only find a "Image" file. I need a vmlinux for my debugger. I tried to use the "workspace script 16.09" to create all files from source, but I always receive an error: "Failed to sync Repo tool".

Thank you in advance,

Leandro.

Parents
  • Hi,

When repo fails - it's usually something outside our control (like an unresponsive server). So, glad that bit worked. The new build issue is obviously something different.

We've just re-tested this & it works fine for us. I'm assuming there's an "interesting" interaction here that is specific to your environment. We have seen this happen previously with one other user, but unfortunately we don't know the final outcome for them.

We *suspect* it's a UEFI makefile issue (rather than something related to the supplied Juno build scripts). We'll do some further investigation, based on the error you see.

Couple of questions /confirmations:

- Can you confirm you started with a new workspace directory (to rule out any possibility of interference from a previous failed invocation of repo)?

- Can you post the result of: uname -a on your XUbuntu box

- Can you open a new shell and post the result of: echo $ARCH  (we're assuming you invoked the workspace script & build from a new shell)

>I tried with other release versions and the same error came up.

You mean you've tried older (16.05 etc) releases in different workspaces and see the same issue?

Thanks

MarkN

• Hi,

When repo fails - it's usually something outside our control (like an unresponsive server). So, glad that bit worked. The new build issue is obviously something different.

We've just re-tested this & it works fine for us. I'm assuming there's an "interesting" interaction here that is specific to your environment. We have seen this happen previously with one other user, but unfortunately we don't know the final outcome for them.

We *suspect* it's a UEFI makefile issue (rather than something related to the supplied Juno build scripts). We'll do some further investigation, based on the error you see.

Couple of questions /confirmations:

- Can you confirm you started with a new workspace directory (to rule out any possibility of interference from a previous failed invocation of repo)?

- Can you post the result of: uname -a on your XUbuntu box

- Can you open a new shell and post the result of: echo $ARCH  (we're assuming you invoked the workspace script & build from a new shell)

>I tried with other release versions and the same error came up.

You mean you've tried older (16.05 etc) releases in different workspaces and see the same issue?

Thanks

MarkN

Children
No data