This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Juno - Linux Kernel - vmlinux file

Hi everybody,

where can I get a vmlinux version of the Linux Kernel provided with the Linaro Releases for the Juno Board?

In the official releases I can only find a "Image" file. I need a vmlinux for my debugger. I tried to use the "workspace script 16.09" to create all files from source, but I always receive an error: "Failed to sync Repo tool".

Thank you in advance,

Leandro.

Parents
  • FWIW 16.09 (for the first time) includes image files (system.map & vmlinux), but we only provide these for the FVP platform.

You can see this reflected in the options the new workspace script provides for FVP pre-built binaries  (the ones marked "Debug")

However, if you want to work with Juno - you'll need to rebuild from sources to produce these files.

>but I always receive an error: "Failed to sync Repo tool".

What desktop environment (OS) you are working on?

I'd suggest you try the following:

- Delete the existing workspace folder & create a new empty test folder

- Run the script again using this option ./workspace_1609.py --verbose-repo

This should give us a lot more feedback on Repo's progress (example output below)

If you still have issues please post the full contents of your console window after launching the script (or attach a file if it's long) and we'll try to help.

example output

------------------------------------------------

Syncing Repo tool (this may take a long time, please be patient)... Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/ramdisk

Fetching project busybox

Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/build-scripts

Fetching project optee_client.git

Fetching project ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware

Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/OpenPlatformPkg

Fetching project optee_linuxdriver.git

Fetching project mbedtls.git

Fetching projects:   5% (1/17)  Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/u-boot

Fetching projects:  11% (2/17)  Fetching project uefi/uefi-tools.git

Fetching projects:  17% (3/17)  Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/model-scripts

• FWIW 16.09 (for the first time) includes image files (system.map & vmlinux), but we only provide these for the FVP platform.

You can see this reflected in the options the new workspace script provides for FVP pre-built binaries  (the ones marked "Debug")

However, if you want to work with Juno - you'll need to rebuild from sources to produce these files.

>but I always receive an error: "Failed to sync Repo tool".

What desktop environment (OS) you are working on?

I'd suggest you try the following:

- Delete the existing workspace folder & create a new empty test folder

- Run the script again using this option ./workspace_1609.py --verbose-repo

This should give us a lot more feedback on Repo's progress (example output below)

If you still have issues please post the full contents of your console window after launching the script (or attach a file if it's long) and we'll try to help.

example output

Syncing Repo tool (this may take a long time, please be patient)... Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/ramdisk

Fetching project busybox

Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/build-scripts

Fetching project optee_client.git

Fetching project ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware

Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/OpenPlatformPkg

Fetching project optee_linuxdriver.git

Fetching project mbedtls.git

Fetching projects:   5% (1/17)  Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/u-boot

Fetching projects:  11% (2/17)  Fetching project uefi/uefi-tools.git

Fetching projects:  17% (3/17)  Fetching project landing-teams/working/arm/model-scripts

Children