This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Juno r1 OPTEE Trusted Application Question

Hi ashwildingarm,

Last week I posted question regarding the Juno r1: Juno r1 OpenEmbedded System Question , according to that question I need the latest Android for using OPTEE.

Since my final purpose is running OPTEE Trusted Application on the Juno board, I just changed my system to Android and deploy it with the board.

However, I just checked this webpage

https://community.arm.com/docs/DOC-10952#jive_content_id_Linaro_Release_1606 and it says for 16.06, Android is not functionally supporting OPTEE.

I also personally test on my Juno board with the latest Android version. I use the command dmesg | grep optee and I got the result:

[ 4.364096] optee firmware:optee: probing for conduit method from DT.[ 4.370628] optee firmware:optee: initialized driver

It looks like the system already loaded the driver.

However, when I use the command ps -ef | grep supplicant  I can't get any information. I also checked the path /system/lib and /system/bin but I couldn't find the optee_armtz folder or xtest program.

In this case, I'm not sure the OPTEE is fully implemented in the Android or not.

So my question is, does the latest Android fully support OPTEE and it's TA? If it does, how could I run a test TA program like 'helloworld' or 'xtest' on Android?

If it's not support, is there any suggestion for me to run an OPTEE TA on Android?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Shengye Wan

Parents
  • Sorry I've only just seen this - you're correct that at time of writing (Release 16.06) OP-TEE is not officially supported when using Android. Note that it's the Android LCR filesystem that's the issue here; the driver is still built into the kernel which is why you're seeing those messages in dmesg.

I'm afraid I don't know how you'd go about actually getting the filesystem to support OP-TEE

• Sorry I've only just seen this - you're correct that at time of writing (Release 16.06) OP-TEE is not officially supported when using Android. Note that it's the Android LCR filesystem that's the issue here; the driver is still built into the kernel which is why you're seeing those messages in dmesg.

I'm afraid I don't know how you'd go about actually getting the filesystem to support OP-TEE

Children
No data