This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PCIe Use Cases

Hello,

I am debating between buying an Juno r0 or Juno r2 board. Both boards support the development needs of my team. I am trying to find a compelling reason to buy an r2 board over an r0 board.

Seems like other than IP updates, the biggest difference are the PCIe slots. What are common uses cases for PCIe on the Juno boards? Are the PCIe slots commonly used by developers?

Thanks,

Justin

Parents
  • Hi,

There's a useful table contrasting r0, r1 & r2 here. Juno ARM Development Platform - ARM

PCIe support was a big requirement for Juno and the eco system  - but that doesn't mean it is useful to everyone.

However I think the short answer is: Just buy an r2.

I can't think of a reason not to - unless someone is offerring a healthy discount!

There were specific things that didn't work (PCIe on r0, DVFS on r1) that made a choice between r0 and r1 revisions of Juno necessary. But, that's no longer true for the current r2 revision. Note that you may *only* be able to buy an r2 board - as that may be all that's in stock.

HTH

MarkN.

• Hi,

There's a useful table contrasting r0, r1 & r2 here. Juno ARM Development Platform - ARM

PCIe support was a big requirement for Juno and the eco system  - but that doesn't mean it is useful to everyone.

However I think the short answer is: Just buy an r2.

I can't think of a reason not to - unless someone is offerring a healthy discount!

There were specific things that didn't work (PCIe on r0, DVFS on r1) that made a choice between r0 and r1 revisions of Juno necessary. But, that's no longer true for the current r2 revision. Note that you may *only* be able to buy an r2 board - as that may be all that's in stock.

HTH

MarkN.

Children
No data