This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Freescale MC9328MXS

Is this board any good to run embedded Linux? Anybody use this µcontroller? I want to drive some SVGA display with it. And do some networking.

WP_20160222_012.jpg
Parents
  • Hi,

This area of Connected Community is aimed at user of the development platforms ARM itself provide to our customers. We're probaly not best placed to help you with your query.

FWIW MC9328MXS (is that part number right?)  is based on a very (decades) ARM920T - so not suitable for a new project.

You would generally use Cortex-A class process for a Linux project Cortex-A Series - ARM

I think you need a more recent 3rd party development board. Google provides large numbers of hits on resources for "ARM Cortex-A processor based development boards" that will run Linux.

HTH

MarkN.

• Hi,

This area of Connected Community is aimed at user of the development platforms ARM itself provide to our customers. We're probaly not best placed to help you with your query.

FWIW MC9328MXS (is that part number right?)  is based on a very (decades) ARM920T - so not suitable for a new project.

You would generally use Cortex-A class process for a Linux project Cortex-A Series - ARM

I think you need a more recent 3rd party development board. Google provides large numbers of hits on resources for "ARM Cortex-A processor based development boards" that will run Linux.

HTH

MarkN.

Children