This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Guidelines on Energy effecient code

Hi Experts,

The well optimized hardware functionality could be messed up by the poor software programming.

Is there any general guidelines recommended by ARM on the power optimized programming ?

Regards,

Techguyz

Parents
  • I know I'm not an ARM employee, but don't forget to use WFI and WFE, when your code is doing nothing (eg. if it's waiting for something to happen, including a completed DMA transfer).

Setting up a timer and attaching a DMA to transfer data at a specific rate (or memory-to-memory copy) and enabling a completion interrupt might also be useful, depending on your application. Use WFI to put the processor to sleep while your data is being copied/transferred (unless you have tasks that can be done while data is being copied/transferred).

On rare occasions you might benefit from putting a WFI inside a low-priority interrupt.

• I know I'm not an ARM employee, but don't forget to use WFI and WFE, when your code is doing nothing (eg. if it's waiting for something to happen, including a completed DMA transfer).

Setting up a timer and attaching a DMA to transfer data at a specific rate (or memory-to-memory copy) and enabling a completion interrupt might also be useful, depending on your application. Use WFI to put the processor to sleep while your data is being copied/transferred (unless you have tasks that can be done while data is being copied/transferred).

On rare occasions you might benefit from putting a WFI inside a low-priority interrupt.

Children