Filesystem is corrupted when sharing files from host to the Virtual Platform

I am making tests within the FVP and used the below steps to copy files into the FVP

To "bake" files into the target filesystem the following steps need to be followed:

1. Mount the filesystem image on a local host directory
  2. Edit the mounted filesystem to include the desired files
  3. Unmount it and boot the target as usual

When i create a new file or copy a folder into the filesystem. I get the following error. This error doesn't occur when the existing files are recompiled or changed.

Is there any solution to overcome this issue?

Parents
  • BTW, I don't know if any of your steps causes the filesystem to be corrupted but more detailed explanations might be useful for others in the Forum to come up with an idea.

1. How do you mount the filesystem image located on the host? For example, do you use P9 or NFS to share files on the host with FVP?

And, since it's a filesystem image, do you loop-mount the file? (What is the exact command lines you invoked for the "mount" command?)

2. How do you include files into the filesystem? For example, do you use the "cp" command?

3. It's often the case that storages are cached, so running a traditional custom to close filesystem may solve the issue i.e. run "sync; sync; sync;" right after unmounting. Can you please give it a try?

• BTW, I don't know if any of your steps causes the filesystem to be corrupted but more detailed explanations might be useful for others in the Forum to come up with an idea.

1. How do you mount the filesystem image located on the host? For example, do you use P9 or NFS to share files on the host with FVP?

And, since it's a filesystem image, do you loop-mount the file? (What is the exact command lines you invoked for the "mount" command?)

2. How do you include files into the filesystem? For example, do you use the "cp" command?

3. It's often the case that storages are cached, so running a traditional custom to close filesystem may solve the issue i.e. run "sync; sync; sync;" right after unmounting. Can you please give it a try?

Children