This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

looking for tutorials/documentation on bootloaders for arm processors

I was recently tasked with looking into the boot loader for an A55 processor chipset , will need to enable multiple cores and maybe setup the stack for each of them as well .

I am completely new to this domain , i am proficient in C and have basic knowledge of asm.

Need to learn about bootloaders, stack initialisation, multi-core bootup procedure and so on.....

Please share any tutorial links or documentation that you feel would help in this regard. Thanks.

Parents
  • I'll bite - why does a bootloader need to worry about multiple cores?  Usually they just load up memory with the application or OS image, by one means or another, and then the startup code in the application would do all the stack and multicore stuff.  (perhaps you need to write that startup code as well, but the bootloader itself will typically be as simple as possible.  For example, GRUB2, the common bootloader for linux on x86 systems, doesn't do anything with multiple cores, AFAK.)

• I'll bite - why does a bootloader need to worry about multiple cores?  Usually they just load up memory with the application or OS image, by one means or another, and then the startup code in the application would do all the stack and multicore stuff.  (perhaps you need to write that startup code as well, but the bootloader itself will typically be as simple as possible.  For example, GRUB2, the common bootloader for linux on x86 systems, doesn't do anything with multiple cores, AFAK.)

Children
No data