This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Booting an ARM FVP with MTE and sharing files from the host

Hello, 

I am currently using the documentation here: https://gitlab.arm.com/arm-reference-solutions/arm-reference-solutions-docs/-/tree/master/docs/aemfvp-a, to try and boot an FVP with ARM MTE enabled. I have added the parameters to the model and I am booting with BusyBox, since the distro booting isn't working. My question is how do I enable virtio 9p to share files from the host machine? When I run the mount command from the FVP manual I get an error that it can't be mounted. What I need is an FVP with MTE and PAC enabled, along with file sharing from the host. I need a bit of guidance on how to compile and do everything properly. Thanks! 

Also, I tried running the FVP with the a Ubuntu 20.04.1 distro boot doesn't get me past the initial installation screen, which is why I'm going with the BusyBox boot. The Linaro config before worked for me and I was even able to mount the filesystem, but the Latest Linaro kernel is 5.3 I think, which doesn't support MTE. I appreciate the help and guidance! 

Best Regards,

Mohannad Ismail