This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to bypass BL3-1 arm-trusted-firmware running on Juno

Hi,

I am trying to take control at EL3 level and want to run my code on Juno. I am using arm-trusted-firmware package running on Juno.

In order to achieve this I am using DS-5 debugger to breakthrough the code and setting the PC to my code but instead of executing next instruction it is jumping back to some 0x400_F000 address.

I am not sure how I can achieve this ? What i simply want is to take control at EL3 level and execute my code. I believe it is possible at BL3-1 level, is it correct ?

I found example for bare-metal applications but the control transfer is happening at EL1-NS mode whereas I need EL3 level control.

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hi Matt,

I am facing one more issue when I use above method to change to EL3h mode. Issue is when I read the CurrentEL value I am reading back 12 which is EL3t not EL3h. I am not sure how to resolve this ? I thought if I change mode to 13 the sp should be selected to sp_el3.

Thanks

• Hi Matt,

I am facing one more issue when I use above method to change to EL3h mode. Issue is when I read the CurrentEL value I am reading back 12 which is EL3t not EL3h. I am not sure how to resolve this ? I thought if I change mode to 13 the sp should be selected to sp_el3.

Thanks

Children