This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Booting kernel using TFTP on Juno

Hello

i've been trying to boot the kernel using TFTP on Juno but no luck so far.

i get all the time this error in case i set dhcp to yes in tftp entry : ERROR: Did not find Linux kernel (Time out).

but if i put a fixed ip address i get this error : ERROR: Did not find Linux kernel (Invalid Parameter).

i already setup a TFTP server on my laptop and i can access the TFTP folder i created successfully from another laptop.

please can you help me make it work?

Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • I don't know if this is your problem, but I found that you *must* have a "filename" entry in dhcpd.conf for the board, otherwise TFTP will fail.  Even though TFTP is specifiying the filename to download.

This is because UEFI's DHCP request fails if there is no filename provided, so it's not directly related to TFTP.

• I don't know if this is your problem, but I found that you *must* have a "filename" entry in dhcpd.conf for the board, otherwise TFTP will fail.  Even though TFTP is specifiying the filename to download.

This is because UEFI's DHCP request fails if there is no filename provided, so it's not directly related to TFTP.

Children