This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM RVCT compiler set up for making MTK platform feature phone games

Dear Friends,

Myself, Vijay .. I wanted to create a small game for MTK Platform enabled phones like Micromax, LAVA in India.. and I searched few sites and downloaded MTK platform.. Just written test source but now wanted to compile the same! It is asking ARM RVCT compiler missing.

Can you guys help me in the same on urgent basis?

If any of you guys developed any small app or game on MTK then I am happy to take your help in setting up the same.

Thanks a lot in advance!

BR
Vijay

• According to the following unofficial documentation, a free ARM RealView Compiler Tools license can be obtained through ARM's Silver portal, under certain conditions.

The unofficial document : ebooktest.wikia.com/.../ARM_Real_View_Compilation_Tools_(RVCT)_Quick_Start

The ARM Silver portal : https://silver.arm.com/browse
  • Hello Vijay,
    This area of the community targets questions on ARM supplied development platforms. Rather than platforms based on ARM implementations. Consequently I don't think we can help you much.

I can tell you that RVCT is an old ARM supplied compiler. One we no longer actively promote. Yes you can download old versions of RVCT from the link above, but you'll only have an evaulation copy.  ARM compilers are proprietary license managed product - i.e. ultimately you need to purchase them. I am guessing... but I imagine the compiler would originally have been supplied as part of the hardware vendors SDK.

I'd suggest you try and contact the hardware vendor and see what resources they provide for apps development. Or failing that try a forum with a much wider scope/audience, maybe StackOverflow.

MarkN.