Cortex M4 App Crashes when moving from arm-none-eabi-gcc 8-2019-q3 to 10-2020-q4 major

Micro - STM32F437

Uses Micrium OS-III

The application compiles successfully on both versions of gcc; However, when I download and run the app I get a precise Bus Fault immediately where the BFAR points to some bizarre address (0x41980000)

For reference: I successfully compiled and ran the app without a fault 5-2016-q1, 7-2018-q2 and 8-2019-q3. The crash consistently happens with any version beyond that. 

Below are the compiler options I use

arm-none-eabi-gcc -std=c11 -Wall -Werror -Wpedantic -pedantic -pedantic-errors -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wlogical-op -Wswitch-default -Wdouble-promotion -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wfloat-equal -Wredundant-decls -Wdate-time  -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -fstack-usage -fno-common -fdiagnostics-color=auto -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fsingle-precision-constant -funwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -DNDEBUG -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -Os -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard

Is there something I am missing for the compiler options for 10-2020-q4 that could attribute to the error I am seeing?

Thank you

Parents Reply Children
No data