This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't do continue while using DS debugger

Hi,

Here is my project:

when I press continue, it always stop at the same place, but I didn't  set any breakpoint.

How can I fix that?

Reguards,

Alex

Parents
  • HI Alex,

The breakpoint is most likely the semihosting breakpoint, which are intended to be taken over by the debugger or debug target... look at the disassembly and see the generated code.

Are you running with one of the supplied Fixed Virtual Platforms (FVP)? In those cases, semihosting is handled by the FVP itself, not the debugger. Therefore you need to disable debugger semihosting, with the command:

set semihosting enabled off

This must be run before the code executes... it is easiest to put this in a .ds script text file, and run as a Target initialization script. See some of the supplied examples, such as 'calendar_Armv8-A_AC6' below.

Regards, Ronan

• HI Alex,

The breakpoint is most likely the semihosting breakpoint, which are intended to be taken over by the debugger or debug target... look at the disassembly and see the generated code.

Are you running with one of the supplied Fixed Virtual Platforms (FVP)? In those cases, semihosting is handled by the FVP itself, not the debugger. Therefore you need to disable debugger semihosting, with the command:

set semihosting enabled off

This must be run before the code executes... it is easiest to put this in a .ds script text file, and run as a Target initialization script. See some of the supplied examples, such as 'calendar_Armv8-A_AC6' below.

Regards, Ronan

Children