This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

printf retargetting for nano-specs Cortex M0

With nano-specs I can't get printf statements like this to work where it needs to take in values from a variable.

printf ("Data1 %d\n", data1);

A simpler printf with just characters work ok.

printf ("abc\n");

Per the standard CMSDK setup, I am retargetting the printf to UART. 

Point to note, when not using nano-specs (no specific specs specified) it works ok. I suppose there must be something different with nano-specs.

Running any code with the top statement in RTL simulation will not output anything from the UART.

Appreciate any inputs in this matter. Thanks

Parents
  • Newlib nano should be able to print integer in your example 1, though with limitation of not supporting long long and optional support of floating point.

Can you please double check if you used floating point or long long print? If not, then I cannot think of why based on the info your provided.

• Newlib nano should be able to print integer in your example 1, though with limitation of not supporting long long and optional support of floating point.

Can you please double check if you used floating point or long long print? If not, then I cannot think of why based on the info your provided.

Children