This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Plot and export variables during debug

I've just started using DS-5 to develop for Vybrid.

During the debug I have some variables added to Expressions view. Some of them are C arrays.

I need to show these arrays as plots (charts) and to export them in text files (for example csv) to load them in other software.

I think it's an easy and common task, but I can't find a way to do this.

Could someone help, please?

Parents
  • It seems that there is no options in DS-5 debugger to plot an array. I have attached a script for simple plotting. The script dumps the variable content to: /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin
    and uses gnuplot  (i.e you need to run eclipse on linux) to plot the data.

Source the script plot.ds in the DS-5 debugger command window, or configure your Debugger configurations to do it at start-up.

Usage: plot <variable> <array size in bytes> <format>
    - format = float32, int32, int16
    - array size in bytes = This number can be less that the array size if you e.g. only wants to plot the start of the array.
    - E.g:
    plot myFloatBuffer 4096*4 float32 , *4 is to get the correct byte size            
    plot myInt16Buffer 4096*2 int16 , *2 is to get the correct byte size

plot.ds:

#   This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,       
    #   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. I.e. use at your own risk.
    #
    # Simple plot:
    define plot
    shell echo "------------------------------------------------------------------"
    shell echo "Plotting Variable:$arg0 Size in bytes:$arg1 Format:$arg2          "
    shell echo " - Usage: plot <variable> <size in bytes> <format>                "
    shell echo " - format = float32, int32 or int16                               "
    shell echo " - Usage: plot mybuffer 4096*4 float32                            "
    #
    #Dump content of variable to file
    shell mkdir -p /tmp/ds5
    shell rm -f /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin
    dump binary memory /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin &$arg0 +$arg1
    whatis $arg0
    shell echo "Doing a plot of $arg0."
    shell gnuplot -p -e "set mouse; set title '$arg0'; plot '/tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin' binary format='%$arg2' u 0:1 with lines; pause -1" &
    shell echo ------------------------------------------------------------------
    end

• It seems that there is no options in DS-5 debugger to plot an array. I have attached a script for simple plotting. The script dumps the variable content to: /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin
    and uses gnuplot  (i.e you need to run eclipse on linux) to plot the data.

Source the script plot.ds in the DS-5 debugger command window, or configure your Debugger configurations to do it at start-up.

Usage: plot <variable> <array size in bytes> <format>
    - format = float32, int32, int16
    - array size in bytes = This number can be less that the array size if you e.g. only wants to plot the start of the array.
    - E.g:
    plot myFloatBuffer 4096*4 float32 , *4 is to get the correct byte size            
    plot myInt16Buffer 4096*2 int16 , *2 is to get the correct byte size

plot.ds:

#   This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,       
    #   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. I.e. use at your own risk.
    #
    # Simple plot:
    define plot
    shell echo "Plotting Variable:$arg0 Size in bytes:$arg1 Format:$arg2          "
    shell echo " - Usage: plot <variable> <size in bytes> <format>                "
    shell echo " - format = float32, int32 or int16                               "
    shell echo " - Usage: plot mybuffer 4096*4 float32                            "
    #
    #Dump content of variable to file
    shell mkdir -p /tmp/ds5
    shell rm -f /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin
    dump binary memory /tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin &$arg0 +$arg1
    whatis $arg0
    shell echo "Doing a plot of $arg0."
    shell gnuplot -p -e "set mouse; set title '$arg0'; plot '/tmp/ds5/debug_dump_variable_ds5.bin' binary format='%$arg2' u 0:1 with lines; pause -1" &
    shell echo ------------------------------------------------------------------
    end

Children
No data