This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DS-5 links to Linux include files

Installed DS-5 on Windows 7 platform to develop Atmel SAMA5 Cortex-A5 applications and device drivers on Ubuntu 16.04.1 target. Compile of CPP source cannot find Linux include files, e.g., ifaddrs.h. I see C:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.26.2\sw\gcc\arm-linux-gnueabihf\libc\usr\include contains ifaddrs.h. How can I instruct DS-5 to look for files in that folder? And once I get the source to compile, how can I instruct DS-5 to look for binary Linux libraries? Thanks.

Parents
  • Had to open project properties, C/C++ Build, Tool Chain Editor, change current toolchain to GCC 4.x [arm-linux-gnueabihf] (DS-5 built-in). That brought in all the Linux related include files. However, I am now seeing two errors "Program g++ not found in PATH" and "Program gcc not found in PATH". I have found both in c:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.26.2\sw\gcc\arm-linux-gnueabihf\bin and found arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe and xxx-g++.exe in c:\Program Files\DS-5 5.26.2\sw\gcc\bin, put both paths in system PATH as well as DS-5 PATH, restarted DS-5, and still get the errors.
    What is DS-5 looking for?
    I see numerous other individuals, with the same problem, with various recommendations about MingGW or performing reset defaults for every option but none of the suggestions help.
  • Had to open project properties, C/C++ Build, Tool Chain Editor, change current toolchain to GCC 4.x [arm-linux-gnueabihf] (DS-5 built-in). That brought in all the Linux related include files. However, I am now seeing two errors "Program g++ not found in PATH" and "Program gcc not found in PATH". I have found both in c:\Program Files\DS-5 v5.26.2\sw\gcc\arm-linux-gnueabihf\bin and found arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe and xxx-g++.exe in c:\Program Files\DS-5 5.26.2\sw\gcc\bin, put both paths in system PATH as well as DS-5 PATH, restarted DS-5, and still get the errors.
    What is DS-5 looking for?
    I see numerous other individuals, with the same problem, with various recommendations about MingGW or performing reset defaults for every option but none of the suggestions help.
Children
No data