This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Info required on Semihosting support for bare metal

Hi,

I am  trying to get the prints through semihosting . Currently i followed the below steps

1. Created simple hello world application

2.Using DS5.23 eclipse with VF_Cortex_A9x4 

3.Once connected to target, semihosting is auto enabled

Print messages are getting displayed on "Target Console" ,Since semihosting is enabled i want to know how to redirect to new console, is there any procedure to follow for semihosting. Kindly provide the details

Parents
  • Where do you want the semihosted output to go?

If you launch the model separately, and then connect DS-5, the semihosted output goes to stdout.  Would that help?

Alternatively, the A9 FVP includes a UART model.  You could retarget fputc() to output to the UART.  The UART model opens a telnet port to handle input/output, which you could connect to.

• Where do you want the semihosted output to go?

If you launch the model separately, and then connect DS-5, the semihosted output goes to stdout.  Would that help?

Alternatively, the A9 FVP includes a UART model.  You could retarget fputc() to output to the UART.  The UART model opens a telnet port to handle input/output, which you could connect to.

Children
No data